Apr 18, 2011

Cougar Town Review: 2.15 "Wall"

ABC


















Today is not a good day to cancel Cougar Town.

In February, ABC pulled the already renewed Cougar Town off of Wednesday nights to try and launch Matthew Perry's Mr. Sunshine.

What a horrible, horrible decision that turned out to be.

Not only did Sunshine drop 45 percent from the season average for Cougar Town, but the show just was not very good, especially when compared to Cougar Town.

And boy, it is a good show.

Bill Lawrence is a TV genius. I am pretty sure he will be the one responsible for Everybody Loves Hypnotoad someday. In other words, the man takes premises that should not be funny at all and turns them into great TV. He did with the political angle in Spin City, the medical show in [Scrubs], and now the over forty friend group with Cougar Town.

You notice how in that last paragraph I mentioned nothing about Courtney Cox banging young dudes? Yeah, that is because the show is NOT about that, it is about a group of 40-something friends and their addiction to wine. So if you are still thinking that the show is not for you because of the title, I urge you to think again.

Honestly, up until Halloween, I thought that way too. Cougar Town was the show that I would leave on after Modern Family, but never really watch. On the Halloween episode, the great Ken Jenkins (Bob Kelso in [Scrubs]) guest starred, and I was hooked.

I must be out of the review writing groove, because I haven't said anything about tonight's glorious return to Cougar Town. I can surmise it in two words . . . .

PENNY CAAAAAAN!


Don't know what the heck I'm talking about, watch the show and find out, it is on again Wednesday at 8:30 CST.

P.S. I almost used the name of the show as much as Abed, and I didn't poop my pants at all. And if you still don't know what the heck I'm talking about, then you are dead to me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that they did not cancel the show "Cougar Town". I think that it is hilarious and I love Courtney COX. She is just amazing and crazy throughout the entire show. I'm so glad that my co-worker from DISH told me about the show because now I’m completely hooked to it. Be sure to watch "Cougar Town" with DISH and save your money rather than waste it on any other company! www.BestTVForMe.com

    ReplyDelete